Samsung Foldable Galaxy X 'Hidden Display' Patent Reveals an Innovative Design


                 It's just few days ago, we reported about the patent details of the upcoming foldable smartphone (Galaxy X), which showed us a two-third foldable design (here). Now today,  the Wall Street Journal has got a amended patent information regarding the foldable smartphone from Samsung, which for the first time revealed an idea of the hidden display panel at the rear and the patent document is titled as "Foldable electronic device with hidden display".
            According to the report hidden display is a small information panel which is hidden under the top rear panel when the smartphone is open and it will slides out when the the device is closed. Thus, it helps  to see small information like date, time, weather and call/message notifications without unfolding the smartphone. Recent patent report has revealed that Samsung will use the two portions of the display as separate panels and by folding the smartphone slightly, the bottom portion, which makes 60% of the display to deactivated and leaving the upper half in operation (about 40% of the total screen surface) remains activated. This technique is achieved through a built-in sensor that detects not only when the smartphone is folded,  it will also estimate the angle, time and speed at which this has been done.

                                     Check out our latest two-thirds folding design based on latest leaks here
 
              Recall early, Samsung has testing a prototype foldable smartphone under the code name “Winner” that features  7-inch screen when the device is unfolded. Then there were reports that Samsung allegedly brought both infolding and outfolding prototypes at a secret meeting to its investors and carrier reps, around the CES expo earlier this year, then further report has outed that Samsung is keeping the outfolders for next generation and it is likely be the infolding type which may arrive in 2019.  According to the latest report Samsung's Vice Chair Jay Y. Lee  is looking forward to the foldable smartphone for its future flagship and the company expecting the foldable device to increase their mobile revenue which is currently steered by the underwhelming performance. Thus, Samsung will unveil the device as early as possible and latest rumors suggest that the company is expected to unveil its foldable smartphone at the CES 2019 event held in January. 

                                     Check out our latest two-thirds folding design based on latest leaks here


Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Hi ,this is Arun the Founder and Editor in Chief at Techconfigurations.com ,He is basically a tech enthusiast and love to spend time with tech gadgets, he is also interested in product design ,in his free time he loved to travel and watch sci fi and fantacy movies.